Sunday, August 25, 2013

Make my dad jump!

Hello!
I hope everyone is enjoying there Sunday because I sure am! Tonight I am scheduled to do a visual at work (I work at rue21), which I have wanted to do for so long now, and I am actually very excited to get there and get started!

But let's get down to business...
As I have mentioned previously, my dad was diagnosed with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) witch is also referred to as "Lou Gehrig's Disease". So what does that even mean? This form of muscular dystrophy  is a progressive neurodegenerative disease that affects nerve cells in the brain and spinal cord. You can learn more about the disease HERE. Although this has been a life changing thing for our family, my dad is happier than he has ever been! He is also living his life to the fullest with things like sky diving, hang gliding, zip lining, even a trip to Japan last summer where we visited my uncle in Okinawa!

Around this time last year my dad raised $3,500 dollars for an amazing organization named The ALS Guardian Angels (learn more about the cause HERE) and also sky dived for the cause. This year he is doing another fundraiser with a goal of $3000, but does not intend on jumping out of a plane again. But here's the catch: if he reaches his goal again, he WILL skydive again! 

Here is the video of my dad skydiving last year! This video brings tears to my eyes every time I see it because you can tell that he is LIVING and LOVING his life!

I know not everybody has money just laying around waiting to be donated to every cause you hear about, but ANY and EVERY donation counts, no matter the size! If you are interested in donating, you can do so on his crowdrise account:


Like I said, any size donation counts!
SO LET'S MAKE MY DAD JUMP AGAIN!


No comments:

Post a Comment