Monday, March 31, 2014

This week I have gone with a theme: GIRL POWER. I've always seemed to be more into bands with female singers, or all female for that matter. SO THIS WEEK GOES OUT TO ALL THE GIRLS IN THE WORLD, enjoy!
1. Fancy- Iggy Azalea ft. Charlie XCX
Iggy Azalea is someone I was actually following on Instagram and had no idea she was a singer. When I saw Charlie XCX post about the video on Insta, I checked it out and fell in love. SO CATCHY. And the video....everything about this homage to Clueless is a 90's girl's dream come back to life.
2. Say You'll Be There- MØ
FIRST OF ALL why has there not already been a cover to any Spice Girls songs? I mean really, they are all amazing songs. So I was VERY excited when I discovered this cover by MØ. I love her style, especially when it comes to her fashion choices. Definitely someone to keep your eye on.
3. If I Could Change You're Mind- HAIM
The Haim sisters are a perfect mix of  LA and soft rock. This is one of those you-can't-sit-still-because-it's-so-groovy songs. Perfect for this warmer weather we are beginning to have. These girls have gotten pretty big over the past year, and I can't wait to see what they will do next!
4. Elephant-Warpaint
Ahhhh,Warpaint. We go pretty far back. This is a band that one of my best friends Eric and I have been listening to together since our freshman year of college. Needless to say, they have only gotten better throughout the years. This song is so hauntingly intriguing that you can't just listen to it once. An all girl band that is worth looking into.
5. Put Your Curse On Me- Stonefield
I stumbled upon this band today, and the first thing I thought was, "Wow, this sounds like something my dad would actually like" (I already posted this video to his facebook wall). With that being said, I LOVE THIS. It's always good to see that good girl bands still exist, but good rock&roll from a girl band? Now that's hard to come by. I will for sure be looking more into this band.

BONUS!!!!!
6. Hand In My Pocket-Alanis Morissette
There can not ever be a collection of girl power songs without Alanis involved. This song is and always will be in my top 10 favorite songs ever. This song is an anthem for twenty-somethings everywhere to this day. And it always will be. And should be!

Now go get in your car, put the windows down, blast these songs, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment