Wednesday, February 5, 2014


Hey guys! I want to introduce a new weekly post that I will be doing! As mentioned in the title, it's my social media crush of the week! I don't know about you, but I love social media. Of course it brings drama, stress, and negativity to our society at times, but it can also help you discover so many cool people! Whether it be youtube, Instagram, twitter, tumblr, blogger, or anything else you can think of, these are some of my favorite accounts that I have stumbled upon in the past few years and also recently. So let's get started!
Bunny Meyer AKA GRAV3YARDGIRL

Grav3yardgirl has been a big inspiration to me. I have been following her youtube videos for a few years now, and I was hooked after the first one. Her personality is HUGE and her confidence is so refreshing. With over 1,800,000 subscribers on youtube, she must be doing something right. Her fan following and youtube subscribers are called the "Swamp Family"(She lives in texas) (I'm a proud member) (so many parenthesis lol). Grav3yardgirl makes videos focusing mostly on fashion and beauty, but has weekly video series including DOES THIS THING REALLY WORK?, WRECK IT WEDNESDAYS, SWAMP FAMILY MAIL and her infamous TEA VLOGS. Fans send her fan mail from all over the world and I must say, I'm a lil jealous lol.

 Here is an example of DOES THIS THING REALLY WORK?

And let's throw in a TEA VLOG too

I absolutely adore everything about her, but my favorite thing would have to be her style. If you don't already know, I am all about some grunge. I love the "who cares" attitude that is expressed flawlessly throughout the style, as well as the 90's influence. I mean come on, everyone loved/loves the 90's, right? Grav3yardgirl is constantly posting OOTD's and different aspects of her style on Instagram and I just can not get enough. Here are some of my personal favorites:



BUT to be completely honest, my favorite posts are about her shoes. SHE HAS DREAM SHOES. I mean every single pair that I could even imagine wanting, she's got 'em. I would have never developed a love for Jeffery Campbell if it wasn't for this lady! Now I own two pair! And of course, here are some of my favorites (and it was very hard to pick just a few):



And those are just a few from her fabulous collection!

Grav3yardgirl also has a an etsy store where you can buy adorable Swamp Family merch, including t shirts, buttons, tea cups, keychains, hoodies, stickers, and phone cases. Each item features a different one of her unique and catchy catch phrases!

The weird thing abut social media is that it makes you feel like you already know someone, just based off their posts. You feel that sense of friendship with people you have never even met, and in most cases, have never even spoken to. With that being said, Bunny feels like a real friend to me. And I must say, I wish she was in real life too lol. If you watch any of her videos you will know why. She has truly inspired me to love myself, my flaws, and my weirdness.

If you want to become a member of the Swamp Family, subscribe to her  YOUTUBE CHANNEL and "Give an alligator it's wings"! And if you would like to follow Grav3yardgirl, you can reach her here:

I hope you all enjoyed this post! I'm excited to share some people who inspire me to hopefully inspire someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment