Saturday, September 7, 2013

I apologize for not being on top of this blog the past two weeks. School and work have been crazy! Since school started I haven't been able to find my groove with balancing everything but I'm almost there! So hang in there with me guys! I will be doing a fashion post either tonight or tomorrow, but for now here are my tunes of the week! I know, I know, it's already Saturday. But still. Here ya go.
1. Royals by Lorde
Lorde is once again on my list because each song I hear of hers makes me fall in love even more. I adore the simple beat of this song and that she uses her strong voice as the focal point of the song. Plus if a song has any kind of choir going on in it, whether it's 20 people or 3, then you've got me hooked. And the video is everything i imagined it to be for this particular song.

2. Diane Young by Vampire Weekend
This song is one the many that I actually discover while I'm on the clock at rue21. Our track lists never seem to let me down. I've always like Vampire Weekend since I got to college and I love their new album "Modern Vampire of the City" that came out on May 14th. This video somewhat resembles the Last Supper, but also features cameos by Sanitgold, Sky Ferreira, and Chromeo's David Macklovitch and Patrick Gemayel just to name a few!

3. I Wanted You To Stay by Summer Heart
This song is so calming and pleasant to listen to. It is also good driving music! I discovered this song on on of my favorite tumblrs and instantly added it to my Spotify playlist. If you want something good to chill out and listen to, this is it!

4. Holy Grail by JAY Z ft. Justin Timberlake
I absolutely love everything that JAY Z puts out (fun fact, he removed the hyphen from his name) and his new album "Magna Carta... Holy Grail" is so tasty! Even though I'm from the south, I prefer northern rappers. This song is just one of many that I really love from the new album and I can't wait to see what his next big hit will be! This video is a little different from how the actual song is on the album, but BRAVO to the way they chopped and screwed it.

5. Breezeblocks by alt-J
 
My boyfriend Bo got me into alt-J and we were able to catch some of their set at Bonnaroo this year! Their creative mixture of simple beats and the singer's abstract voice makes their music irresistible. This song has to be my favorite from their album "An Awesome Wave". Their music videos are pretty out there but those are always my favorite kinds.

I hope you enjoy these sweet tunes of the week, and stay tuned this upcoming week for lots of new posts! Also check out my tumblr and follow me!

No comments:

Post a Comment